Rondo Not Sure of Future With Chicago; Meeting Went “Okay”

Credit: Associated Press

Credit: Associated Press

Rondo Not Sure if Future With Chicago; Meeting Went “Okay”

Chicago Bulls point guard Rajon Rondo says he’s still not sure what his future will hold with the team after his meeting with executives Gar Forman and John Paxson.


Rondo, 30, hasn’t seen a second of action in 2017. His last time on the court was in the first half against Indiana on December 30, 2016. Since then, Chicago has played three games against Milwaukee and Charlotte, and Cleveland with Rondo seeing zero minutes in all three games.

Chicago Bulls head coach Fred Hoiberg opted to use Michael Carter-Williams and Jerian Grant in the rotation, instead of the one-time NBA champion and former all-star.

”It went okay,” Rondo told ESPN about the meeting. “It really wasn’t a clear-cut message [from Forman and Paxson]. We’ll talk again.”

“I’m leaving that talk for my agent [Bill Duffy] and for them guys [Forman and Paxson] to talk,” Rondo said, when asked if the Chicago executives were open to helping him find another home.

When asked if he’d be willing to come off the bench, Rondo didn’t reveal much.

‘”We’ll see,” Rondo said. “We’ll see. I just want to work on my game and continue to get better.”

Rondo signed a two-year deal with the Bulls this past offseason. He has one guaranteed on his contract, with the second year being a partially guaranteed one.

Rajon Rondo has averaged 7.2 points, 7.1 assists and 6.5 rebounds in 29 games played this season. Don’t be surprised if he is on the move before the February 23, 2017 trade deadline.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *